The Code of the Geeks (auch: Geekcode) ist eine komprimierte Form seine Interessen, Fähigkeiten und Eigenschaften zu beschreiben.
Hier ist die decodierte Version meines Geekcodes.
Ich bin nicht mit allen Umschreibungen ganz glücklich, aber es sind die am ehesten passenden Stufen. An einigen Stellen gibt es Ergänzungen von mir, die Kursiv sind. Hinweis: Die kulturellen Anspielungen beziehen sich auf die Mitte der 1990er Jahre und sind von daher möglicherweise nicht mehr ganz aktuell.
- GEEK TYPE CODE [GCS]
- Geek of Computer Science.
- GEEK DRESS CODE [d-]
- I'm usually in jeans and a t-shirt.
- GEEK SHAPE CODE [s:]
- I'm an average geek.
- GEEK AGE CODE [a?]
- I am immortal.
- GEEK COMPUTERS CODE [C+++(++++)]
- My tendencies on this issue range from: "You mean there is life outside of Internet? You're shittin' me! I haven't dragged myself to class in weeks.", to: "I'll be first in line to get the new cybernetic interface installed into my skull."
- GEEK UNIX CODE [UL+]
- I use GNU/Linux exclusively. I not only have a unix account, but I slam VMS any chance I get.
- GEEK PERL CODE [P+++$]
- Perl is a very powerful programming tool. Not only do I no longer write shell scripts, I also no longer use awk or sed. I use Perl for all programs of less than a thousand lines. Getting paid for it!
- GEEK GNU/LINUX CODE [L++]
- I use GNU/Linux ALMOST exclusively on my system. I've given up trying to achieve GNU/Linux.God status, but welcome the OS as a replacement for DOS. I only boot to DOS to play games.
- GEEK EMACS CODE [E+]
- Emacs is great! I read my mail and news with it!
- GEEK WORLD WIDE WEB CODE [W+++(---)]
- My tendencies on this issue range from: "I am a WebMaster. Don't even think about trying to view my homepage without the latest version of Netscape. When I'm not on my normal net connection, I surf the web using my Newton and a cellular modem.", to: "A pox on the Web! It wastes time and bandwidth and just gives the uneducated morons a reason to clutter the Internet. The web is really a pain. Life was so much easier when you could transfer information by simple ASCII. Now everyone won't even consider your ideas unless you spiff them up with bandwidth-consuming pictures and pointless information links."
- GEEK USENET CODE [N+++]
- I read so many news groups that the next batch of news comes in before I finish reading the last batch, and I have to read for about 2 hours straight before I'm caught up on the morning's news. Then there's the afternoon...
- GEEK USENET ORACLE CODE [!o]
- I refuse to categorize myself on Usenet Oracle.
- GEEK KIBO CODE [!K]
- I refuse to categorize myself on Kibo.
- GEEK MICROSOFT WINDOWS CODE [w---]
- Windows has set back the computing industry by at least 10 years. Bill Gates should be drawn, quartered, hung, shot, poisoned, disembowelled, and then REALLY hurt.
- GEEK OS/2 CODE [!O]
- I refuse to categorize myself on OS/2.
- GEEK MACINTOSH CODE [!M]
- I refuse to categorize myself on Macintosh.
- GEEK VMS CODE [V-]
- Unix is much better than VMS for my computing needs.
- GEEK POLITICS & SOCIAL ISSUES CODE [PS+]
- My whole concept of liberalism is that nobody has the right to tell anybody else what to do, on either side of the political fence. If you don't like it, turn the bloody channel.
- GEEK POLITICS & ECONOMIC ISSUES CODE [PE--]
- Capitalism is evil! Government should provide the services we really need. Nobody should be rich.
- GEEK CYPHERPUNKS CODE [Y+(++)]
- My tendencies on this issue range from: "I have an interest and concern in privacy issues, but in reality I am not really all that active or vocal.", to: "I am on the cypherpunks mailing list and active around Usenet. I never miss an opportunity to talk about the evils of Clipper and ITAR and the NSA. Orwell's 1984 is more than a story, it is a warning to our's and future generations. I'm a member of the EFF."
- GEEK PGP CODE [PGP]
- I've used it, but stopped long ago.
- GEEK STAR TREK CODE [t+(++)]
- My tendencies on this issue range from: "It's a damn fine TV show and is one of the only things good on television any more.", to: "It's the best show around. I have all the episodes and the movies on tape and can quote entire scenes verbatim. I've built a few of the model kits too. But you'll never catch me at one of those conventions. Those people are kooks."
- GEEK X FILES CODE [X++]
- This is one of the better shows I've seen. I wish I'd taped everything from the start at SP, because I'm wearing out my EP tapes. I'll periodically debate online. I've Converted at least 5 people. I've gotten a YAXA.
- GEEK TELEVISION CODE [tv-(--)]
- My tendencies on this issue range from: "I watch tv for the news and 'special programming.'", to: "I turn my tv on during natural disasters."
- GEEK BOOKS CODE [b+++]
- I consume a few books a week as part of a staple diet.
- GEEK DILBERT CODE [DI++]
- I work with people that act a lot like Dilbert and his boss.
- THE GEEK CODE [G]
- I know what the geek code is and even did up this code.
- GEEK EDUCATION CODE [e*]
- I learned everything there is to know about life from the "Hitchhiker's Trilogy".
- GEEK HOUSING CODE [h*]
- I'm not sure where I live anymore. This lab/workplace seems like home to me.
- GEEK SEX CODE [y?]
- Male. It's none of your business what my sex life is like.
-----BEGIN GEEK CODE BLOCK----- Version: 3.1 GCS d- s: a? C++$>++++ UL+++$ P++ L+++$ E+ W++$ N+ !o K--? !w--- !O !M !V PS++(+) PE-- Y+ PGP+ t+ !5 X++ R>+ tv b++++ DI++ !D G+++ e++++ h---- r+++ y? ------END GEEK CODE BLOCK------